Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

All about me

Kia ora, my name is Snow Dayna Tahere but everyone knows me as Jireh. I'm from Moerewa, currently attending te kura o Ipipiri (Bay Of Islands) College. I'm a young maori girl who is part dutch, and shares the admiration of food, writing, drawing, music and piano. As a learner, it takes a lot of effort for me to understand the different obstacles and subjects we learn about, but also the time schedules that were set and had suddenly become challenges. And my goals would be to improve on my interaction skills, writing music, playing piano and being able to make a start to my cleaning career along with friends.

3 comments:

  1. Tena koe Jireh

    You may have seen me at school working alongside your teachers. I work for Manaiakalani but come into Bay of Islands College each week to help out.

    What a fabulous 'about me' blog post, well done you! How wonderful to have such a diverse mix of cultures in your whakapapa. Do you like to cook or are you more of a taster? I agree there have been a few challenges this year with Covid and having to learning via distance, that was very disruptive. How did you cope learning from home?

    I like your goals. When you make it explicit and clear like you have, it makes them much more achievable. Good on you! I can see you achieving that and a whole lot more. Have you thought about a career involving music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Kia ora whaea Kerry.
      I prefer cooking over tasting, due to it giving me alot more experience on different ideas or meals to prepare.
      I usually watch my family, when they cook.
      I coped pretty good during lockdown, but had to get used to the changes and waking up every morning for the online classes.
      For the career involving music, yes I've taken it into consideration and am possibly going to take part in singing, dancing or continue playing piano.
      But I've also developed a liking to a few other careers such as farming.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete